You’ve got the big gifts picked out–those are easy. But year after year, the meaningful stocking-stuffer can be elusive. Just how many pretty chocolate bars, cozy socks, and cashmere scarves does one woman need? Stop thinking in or out of the box, and start thinking inside the envelope. Know a lovely lady who enjoys correspondence the classical way? We here at Dogwood Hill are biased, of course, but these are a few of the things we’d love to find in our stockings on Christmas morning.
● Just as a baker needs the best rolling pins, and a knitter the best needles, gift these rainbow-hued pens for a simple but practical gift.
● Making things more beautiful is a Southern gal’s instinct. Take correspondence to the next level with this beauty of a calligraphy kit.
● Once your gal’s got that calligraphy kit, take it to the next level: our Creative Director, Holly Hollon, offers calligraphy classes. You know and love her whimsical designs, gift your loved one the chance to get hands on with an expert.
● Though e-mails and texts may be the day-to-day means of communication, it’s important never to forget the rules of proper correspondence. Gift the Blue Book of Stationary to the refined lady on your list.
● Every Southerner has a special place in their heart for monograms–we can’t help it! Surprise someone this year with a chic Kate Spade pencil cup, monogrammed, of course.
● Naturally, the lady that enjoys sending letters enjoys getting them, too. Put an extra smile on her face when you slip this chic letter opener into her stocking.
● No desk is complete without a paper weight. Don’t settle for whatever boring knick knack you happen to find. We love this bright addition to a desktop.
● There’s sending letters, and then there’s sending letters. Help your gal do the former when you stuff her stocking with an array of vintage stamps.
● When it’s time to seal her cards or letters, add a beautiful, classic touch with a customized wax seal seal stamper.